Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rosebud

Because my travel blog is currently talking about my vacation with mom in Pangasinan last July, my Ruby Tuesday photo for today was taken from that vacation as well.



Rosebud

This is a not-so-good shot of one of the very few rosebuds in my Aunt Rosa's garden. When grandpa was still alive, Aunt Rosa took care of him, but seeing her father bedridden saddened my Aunt, so using the land around their house, she planted lots of different flowering plants to cheer her up.

There weren't that much flowers in the garden, two strong typhoons visited their place that destroyed some of the plants, but this rose managed to have some buds, and of course, I didn't take it for granted. =)

When we were there last November (2007), they were at first interested why we (brother and I) take lots of pictures of their garden and animals, but I guess they already embraced the fact that we loved taking pictures of anything that fancies us, in fact, Aunt Rosa's husband (Uncle Marcial) even guided me to some of their flowers so I could take pictures of it, too! =)

*** Jenn ***

embraceLe Kultiszie Familie
Jenn Was HereShutter Happenings

28 comments:

♥ Denise BC ♥ said...

Hi,
Ruby is her perfect and very delicate.
My peppers are edible and very gostosas, thank you for the visit enjoyable.
hugs, Denise

Leora said...

Sweet family story to go with your delicate rose. My daughter, the one who shrieked every time we went over some rapids in our canoe, says your flower is beautiful.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

I love gardens that have a story. Thanks for sharing.

Mojo said...

That's gotta be one tough rose to stand up to 2 typhoons! Great story, and a great photo.
thanks for stooping by earlier!
-Mojo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
That rosebud is beautiful!

Ralph said...

The bud shows the style and beauty to become. The bud is a mere baby, but is growing up fast.

So nice. Happy Ruby Tuesday!

judi/Gmj said...

I love roses!

Mimi Lenox said...

Beautiful!

My Ruby Tuesday is Ruby Tuesday and Baby Boy Lost

Carletta said...

Beautiful!
A perfect Ruby for today.

Anonymous said...

You may not think that is your best shot, but the story that goes with it is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful rose bud.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful,Jenn!

Mine's up if you got a chance, HERE!

Cátia said...

beautiful rose!

Minkydo said...

Simply lovely!

Jientje said...

What a sweet memory this is!
The rose fits perfectly for this ruby!

DrillerAA said...

A rose by any other name.
Excellent photo.
Very nicely done.
Have a great Ruby Tuesday

Patti said...

A beautiful rose for Ruby Tuesday. The story that goes with it is beautiful as well.


Happy Ruby Tuesday!

EG CameraGirl said...

Rose buds are so full of promise. Nice photo.

Linda said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful rose!

Babs (Beetle) said...

That's a lovely story, and rose!

Dianne said...

I think your shot is good, very good!

and I enjoyed reading about your family :)

Columbo said...

Love the choice of a rose for Ruby Tueday. My wife's favorite flower. Good shot, have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Pretty red rose :)
Happy Ruby Tuesday!!!

Anonymous said...

Not so good? I love the softness in the shot. Pretty color, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm not really anonymous like I said in the comment before. :)

maryt/theteach said...

Jenn, a lovely rose photo for Ruby Tuesday! :)

Gemma Wiseman said...

Delightful shot! There is something quite magical about a single rose bud! A little like the hope of spring waiting to bloom!

 
;