Monday, August 25, 2008

Sunflower.... and a Bug?

First time to join Today's Flowers, and for my first entry, I am sharing a picture of one of the flowers that gives joy to me whenever I see it, the sunflower.

Today's Flowers


Sunflower

Like most of the flower pictures I have shared in this blog, this one was taken off the weekend market in Lung Center of the Philippines. I saw this flower towards the end of the flowers section, and at first I didn't know how to take a picture of the whole sunflower, but thanks to this little green bug in the middle of the flower, I was able to take a rather good shot of the flower. It might not be the whole flower, but I think I was still able to get the essence of the sunflower.

I love taking macro pictures of different flowers, and this early I want to apologize if I will be posting photos of nameless flowers. The thing is, although I love flowers, most of them I really don't know the names! So if I post several nameless flowers, please do help me in naming them. Thanks for dropping by my site!

*** Jenn ***

embraceLe Kultiszie Familie
Jenn Was HereShutter Happenings

15 comments:

dot said...

Nice capture of the sunflower with the cute little bug. I don't know the names of many flowers either but when you think how many kinds there are how could we possibly know them all. Let's just enjoy!!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Your photo is lovely! The bug looks so small against the large flower center. Well done.

Carletta said...

I don't know many names either; but I know this is a beautiful maco of the flower. You framed it just right with that little bug.
Well done!

Anonymous said...

Love the sunflower, Jenn. Great photo!

Day4plus said...

Great photo of both flower and green bug. MB

Anonymous said...

Very nice shot,Jenn! :D

Anonymous said...

My firs time too,Jenn! :D Nice flower:)

MumbaiiteAnu said...

Great shot! I love the detailed sunflower with the bug.
Check out mine here and help me identify it.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love how the bug is totally overwhelmed by the large glory of the sunflower! Stunning pic!

nonizamboni said...

Welcome, Jenn! Great photo and a clever way to capture such a big flower, with a little bug, no less. Will look forward to more of your work.
Happy Monday!

EG CameraGirl said...

Sunflowers are among my very favourite flowers! I have only ONE growing in my gardens this year, seeded by a bird. I forgot to plant them last spring. OOPS!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photo!

Paz

Daniel J Santos said...

Wonderful catch.

♥ Denise BC ♥ said...

Wonderful, excellent macro, congratulations.
hugs,Denise

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Fantastic capture!
Great post wich valorise TODAY'S FOWERS!

Thanks for your support and come back every weeks!

Santilli

 
;