Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Kalachuchi

Kalachuchi

Like what I have shared on my other photo blog, taking pictures everyday and visiting multiple places in a day whenever I am traveling caused me not to post most pictures. I am well aware of the memes I join in, and whenever I am out, I'd take pictures of this subject for this meme... take a different picture for this other meme, but because I take pictures everyday, sometimes, even if I knew I took pictures for a particular meme, I'd end up sharing the newest ones.

If you're my friend on Facebook, or if you're familiar with my travel blog, Where My Feet Took Me, you'd know I am behind one year when it comes to sharing pictures and stories. This morning, I was selecting some pictures to be used for a post when I saw this picture of kalachuchi and knowing I still haven't shared this one, I thought I'd share it for Wednesday Whites.

I took this September last year at the Sidcor Weekend Market, located then at the grounds of Lung Center of the Philippines (the weekend market is now located in Eton Centis grounds). I was there with my friend Nathalie, and from QC Memorial Circle, we walked to the market to eat lunch. Of course, we also took time to take pictures, and yes, we spent a lot of time taking pictures of the flowers.

Kalachuchi may be beautiful and may have this very sweet smell, but because it is associated with death or cemetery, I feel quite bad for the flower because it is something people don't really use to decorate their tables, and it is something people don't want to plant in their garden.




0 comments:

 
;