Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Another Nameless Flower

I have been a big fan of flowers, but I admit I am not that knowledgeable about the names. For this week, I am going to share another picture of an unknown flower, hoping someone would tell me the name of it.

Red Flowers

A picture I took in Baguio City, 04 March 2008 along the gardens of Burnham Park. The Panagbenga Flower Festival just finished a few days ago before this shot, so the park is still on the process of blooming some more flowers. The flowers available in the park aren't that much, but the new blooms were expected to decorate the whole city in a few weeks time.

There may be not much flowers to take pictures of, I still had a pleasurable time taking pictures. I surely can't pick some to take home, so instead, I just shoot some pictures to take home. Taken using Sony Ericsson K800i cell phone set to auto macro, no flash. Sorry if the quality wasn't good, it's so hard to take macro shots of red subjects.

*** Jenn ***


Memories by Jenn Le KultiszieFamilie
Jenn Was Here Shutter Happenings

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also horrible with names of flowers. My name knowledge on them are limited to the ones sold at the florist :P

Nice red unknown flower you've captured here :)

Maria's Space said...

That is simply stunning whatever it's name is.

Jim said...

Hi Jenn -- This is very pretty. Mrs. Jim is noted for knowing a lot of flowers. I will ask her when she gets back (unless it is identified before). Anyway, it is very pretty.
No one uses phone booths anymore. This one was left for Clark Kent.
..

DrillerAA said...

These are red salvia. We have them in our front flower bed. Very nice photo by the way.

Happy Ruby Tuesday.

Leora said...

Oh, salvia! I guess I've never seen red salvia so close. I've never grown them. Very nice photo!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

They do look like Salvia which I love I had some that color this year I have Eggplant purple

shutter happy jenn said...

Oh..so it's salvia. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That is a great full flower. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Great choice for the prompt. Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

Raven said...

Well, I'll take the word of people who say it's whatever they said it is. It's really pretty. Great photo.

Anonymous said...

It certainly is pretty. Happy Ruby Tuesday.

Gayle said...

It's looks like feathers....

Robin said...

What an interesting looking flower, and so vibrant.

Ralph said...

It doesn't matter what it's called technically (although thanks, DrillerAA!). It is a great shot of a flower that is brazen in its redness. It stands out against the green, and is highlighted nicely.

Keep taking them!

Dianne said...

I never know what flowers are called, never know what bird I'm looking at

I just know it's beautiful

I especially love flowers that stand tall and sturdy like that

Tink *~*~* said...

Beautiful flower! I'm lost outside of the region in which I grew up. If it didn't grow on Long Island, New York, I don't know what it's called. :D

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Mimi Lenox said...

This is stunning!

I am up here

Amber Star said...

That is salvia...and sometimes called Red Hot Sally. :) It is very popular in Texas.

Anndi said...

My father always planted salvia in his garden. Lovely picture!

maryt/theteach said...

No matter what the name - a beautiful flower, jenn! Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

 
;