Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sunburned!

For the past three weeks that I joined Ruby Tuesday, I have always posted pictures of flowers. I didn't have that much red pictures except for the flowers, but this week, I will share you two pictures from my vacation in Pangasinan with mom and other relatives.



Sunburned!

This is me after a whole day dip in the beach -- trying to float, learning to let go of my fear of drowning, and finally learned how to snorkel. I think the only time I left the beach was during lunch time, and later in the afternoon when we all went to check out the caves near the beach house where we stayed. Thanks to Uncle Pete for taking this picture -- he got so tired seeing me taking self portraits, he offered his help in taking my picture. Hahahaha!

In my other blog - Memories by Jenn, I posted an entry where I asked which of the two tops I need to take, and in the end, I took the red one. Now, this picture could qualify for the Ruby Tuesday meme because of my top, but I like to share another picture:

Sunburned!

A self-portrait of my oh-so-burned face! Actually, it came to this because when I finally learned how to float and finally allowed water to enter my ears as I float in the beach, I really, really loved looking at the sky, especially seeing those cotton-candy like clouds. I loved cloud watching without any distractions (no trees, no anything to block my view) that when I am not snorkeling, I was checking out the clouds until the waves take me to a much shallower part of the beach.

And no, that's not blush on and/or lipstick. I actually didn't have time to fix myself -- I just took a shower and while I was combing my hair my mom called on me because the sun was setting and she knew I loved taking pictures of sunset! My lips aren't that red, but the snorkeling caused my whole face to be under water and the salt water caused this. How I wish my lips are as red as this everyday! =) Does my face qualify for the meme? Hehehehe...

Both pictures taken 10 July 2008, in Patar Beach - Bolinao, Pangasinan using my Canon Powershot A580, set to sunset, with flash.

*** Jenn ***


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you're beautiful! next time protect that beautiful skin with some sunblock!! :0) I'm only saying that cuz I'm old enough to be your mother...

me ann my camera said...

Beautiful picture Jenn and beautiful sunset in the background. Definitely this qualifies for Ruby Tuesday all around. And yes, I agree with ellen b, please use sunscreen.

EG CameraGirl said...

The sky is beautiful, but YOU have a gorgeous smile! You look very happy in these photos.

RW said...

Awesome ♦Ruby Tuesday♦!

Jenn your looking good and so happy even with a sunburn!

Mines up ♦Ruby Sunrise♦ click here!

shutter happy jenn said...

Ellen and Me ann -- it really hurts the day after, so yes, i will definitely wear sunscreen next time. =)

Thanks for the comments... i appreciate all the kind words.

Your Pal Pinki said...

I've been there before. Now my daily moisurizer has an SPF. Great pic!!! Looks like you had a great time!

BNS said...

You do look pretty sunburned, but at least you didn't get as red as your top! We'll call you "Miss Ruby Tuesday" this week, for sure.

Bobbie

Raven said...

Such a beautiful face, but I bet it hurt later on. Still, how wonderful that you conquered your fear. I used to love being in the water. One of the best things in the world. Gorgeous sun behind you too. Hope your sunburn has healed.

Leora said...

You are lovely. No need for makeup, the smile says it all! Great setting for you. You seem to be having a wonderful time. "Miss Ruby Tuesday" Bobbie said...I'll second that one.

DrillerAA said...

Great photos.
You got a tremendous sunset going on in the background.
Have a wonderful RT

Dianne said...

I love how red your nose got!! lol, that happens to me all the time.

congrats on snorkeling, I'm so envious - I've never been that comfy in the ocean.

you look so beautiful!

Rambling Woods said...

Beautiful all around..you, the sjy, the beach...Happy Ruby Tuesday..

Unknown said...

Oooch! That looks painful even on a beautiful woman!

Carletta said...

Lovely pics with a gorgeous sunset!

Ladynred said...

What a beautiful smile jenn! love your red and the sunset is gorgeous!
Home and Garden

Karen Coutu said...

Oh my! Look at your poor little red nose. I hope it didn't hurt for long.

Tink *~*~* said...

Wow, that's gotta hurt! Next time, sunscreen! Don't make me come over there! :D

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Barb said...

Beautiful Jenn, but you really must use sunblock! UV rays are very dangerous. The sunset is quite spectaular!

maryt/theteach said...

Of Jenn, these are fantastic shots! Your red blouse, red lipstick, red nose (from sunburn) Ha! You are very pretty! Perfect for Ruby Tuesday! :)

 
;