Sunday, August 17, 2008

Peacock



Peacock

Yesterday, I went through with my files to get the pictures I want to print. I've decided that aside from the scrapbook layouts I create, I will also print out select pictures and put them in an album, so when friends and relatives come for a visit, they can flip through the albums and check the pictures right there and then. That's when I spotted this picture.

This picture was taken last January when the family dropped by the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife. Somewhere in the middle of the whole park is this huge cage with the Peacocks inside. This park is not a zoo per se, but a wildlife rescue center, and even though some of the birds here are injured, these peacocks are very much in good shape.

We actually waited quite a while to see the peacock display his wonderful feathers, but they were so elusive! When people started gathering around the cage, he finally showed his feathers, but he moves so quick, getting a shot of him with the feathers spread was a tough thing to do. Mother was always the on-the-rush person, so after the display, she was asking all of us to continue with the tour around the park.

I wanted to show the picture with the feather display, but it wasn't really that good, so I will just show this.

*** Jenn ***

embraceLe Kultiszie Familie
Jenn Was HereShutter Happenings

28 comments:

david mcmahon said...

That's the first time I've seen a shot of a peacock reclining (the one on the left).

D... said...

Beautiful! I love the colors!

i beati said...

magnifico sandy

ratmammy said...

that is too funny.. i just read david mcmahon's comment and didnt' realize there were two peacocks!

judi/Gmj said...

Awesome stuff here!!

Rambling Woods said...

Great Job. I have not seen a peacock in person...

Kahshe Cottager said...

Don't they have the most amazing coloured feathers?

Have a wonderful weekend!
My Camera Critters Here and Here

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Peacock's have such magnificent colors. Beautiful picture.

Lapa37 said...

What a beautiful creature.Great shots

DrowseyMonkey-Photos said...

Great photo. These are such amazing birds.

Carletta said...

This is gorgeous! Such a magnificent bird they are.

Unknown said...

They are such beautiful birds. And you are right, its so hard to catch them showing off.

My critter is here

kris said...

great shot! I didn't notice the other one either! THanks for stopping by my blog!
kris

Anonymous said...

me too I love the color so beautiful! thanks for the visit..

Anonymous said...

me too I love the color so beautiful! thanks for the visit..

Anonymous said...

hello girl! again you have a fabulous peacock picture, an awesome colors.
By the way, I'm so sorry for my sweetnorms comments its double.

bcmomtoo said...

He's gorgeous even like that. What amazing colors!

Anonymous said...

Very fine peacock - bit big for our bird table though we did once have a pheasant on the top.

bobbie said...

Aren't peacocks amazing? This is a beautiful picture.

Anonymous said...

Ver nice photo,Jenn! Great shot too! :D

Misty DawnS said...

It's gorgeous, and I like your idea of printing them and putting them in an album. Do you print them yourself or have them printed somewhere else?

Busy Mom in Iowa said...

Beautiful!

Rhea said...

I didn't even notice the second peacock in the photo until I saw David's comment. I've never seen one sleeping before either. Interesting.

Beautiful bird!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jen: Wonderful capture of the peacock. They are very photogentic.

EG CameraGirl said...

Peacocks are beautiful tail up OR tail down. ;-) So regal looking!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Love peacocks. They are just the most beautiful of birds.

AppleDebbie said...

This is a beautiful photo... the colors are so vibrant!

Gemma Wiseman said...

How I love the shimmering rich tones of a peacock! Gorgeous pic!

 
;