Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Red Monkey



Red Monkey

Like what I've said in my last post, I met up with new friends last Saturday and together we explored the walled city of Intramuros. While in Fort Santiago, brother asked me to take a picture of him, and when he was climbing one of the walls to pose for a picture, I noticed this monkey figurine on the corner along with some of the concrete debris. I don't know why it was there (maybe it was thrown away because it was broken), and I don't know what's the connection of the monkey to the place, but it did caught my attention and I just couldn't help not to take a shot of it. Brother was upset a little because I took a photo of the monkey first, but one of our companions actually raved at how I took notice of the monkey.

It looked a bit eerie, so even if I wanted to take it home, I just can't. =) FYI, Fort Santiago is where the national hero Dr. Jose Rizal was imprisoned before his execution in Luneta, now known as the Rizal Park.

*** Jenn ***

embraceLe Kultiszie Familie
Jenn Was HereShutter Happenings

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good eye to see the red monkey among the debris. Nice shot!

Leora said...

He is a cute little monkey. Of course you would want a pic of him!

Ralph said...

The red ape looks as if he has found a home, like he is leaving his lair looking for food and excitement...

JunieRose2005 said...

This is a very interesting picture!

Junie

EG CameraGirl said...

You have an eye for taking interesting photos!

dot said...

I think it looks a little eerie also!

Anonymous said...

He looks like a hidden treasure! I did my very first Ruby Tuesday this week.

Carletta said...

What a find! I love the weathered look it has.
Did you keep it or leave it there?

Anonymous said...

Looks like ruby monkey has gain hold of the peach :P
Happy Ruby Tuesday :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like that poor red monkey has seen better days. Now he's immortalized for Ruby Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Nice little monkey.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Very cool and a little freaky. I would have taken a picture of the monkey first, too :lol:

DrillerAA said...

Found objects are often great photo subjects. Very nicely done.

Anonymous said...

good picture - it is a good thing to always have ones camera with one. :)

maryt/theteach said...

Maybe he can be picked up and painted (red) and saved! Great post for Ruby Tuesday! :)

Jientje said...

I find myself looking for red anywhere I go too! This was a very good find!

Ken said...

Nice find!

Dianne said...

Great find! I love the way you composed the shot!!

The weathered look adds so much character to the monkey.

Babs (Beetle) said...

That's a great photo for Ruby Tuesday! I think the monkey does look a bit eerie though :O)

Raven said...

Nice shot. He looks like he has seen better days. I think he looks a touch diabolical myself. But interesting, especially in bright red.

Anonymous said...

You have a good eye. If I had seen this, I would have taken the picture, too. IT is interesting -- and rather sad -- laying there discarded.

Maria's Space said...

Interesting!

me ann my camera said...

It was a good idea to take its picture for Ruby Tuesday.

RW said...

Awesome Monkey! Good Ruby Tuesday to you!:D

Minkydo said...

What an interesting find. Good eye!

Anonymous said...

Now that is unique! A red monkey is perfect for Ruby Tuesday.

See my post here, and/or my whole blog I Was Born2Cree8.

 
;