Monday, September 22, 2008

From Baguio City

Today's Flowers

Flowers

When I last went to Baguio City with my sister last March, I really made it a point to take pictures of as much flowers as I can. I only had my cell phone that time -- I still don't own a digital camera back then -- so even if there are lots of flowers all over, I can only take about 2-3 pictures of each flowers. I am not sure if I can call it a blessing, but there wasn't really that much flowers all over the city, their Panagbenga Flower Festival just ended, and the plants were like starting over again. It was just March, and for sure come April and May the city will once again be wrapped with so many flowering plants.

This is another nameless flower. I don't know the name of this, but I find it really beautiful. If I can just pull it out and plant in our garden, I will. But of course, it's not allowed, and it will be very rude of me to do that. This was taken along the Burnham Park, while sister and I were relaxing after our breakfast.

*** Jenn ***

the sweet lifeLe Kultiszie Familie
Jenn Was HereShutter Happenings

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers. I like them a lot.

I have mine up at Canon Pixels. I hope you can see it if you have the time.

Maria said...

Hey where do you live - I mean in what par of the world? This is a flower my mother grew in her garden ever since I live!
Steinnelke!
I love the flower and her fragrance.

Leora said...

Perhaps cleome? It has the spear-like leaves of cleome.

♥ Denise BC ♥ said...

Hi, it was very smart of you not withdraw the beautiful flower of his natural place, the picture is eternal. Good work and congratulations on beautiful post. I thank you for sharing.
hugs, Denise

dot said...

Unusual flower and very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures..
-Cheers Gisela
And the flower is nown as
Dianthus barbatus L.
English.: Sweet William.

Country Girl said...

These Sweet Williams are lovely. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This white one is very delicate and pretty!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pretty purple centers on these. Very pretty!

Dar's Foto Faze said...

Very pretty flowers. So delicate.

Pat - Arkansas said...

These flowers are "dianthus" and, if I remember correctly, have a smell like the spice, cloves. Very nice photos.

Anonymous said...

This IS a beautiful flower and a beautiful photo. Well done!

Paz

Anonymous said...

These are just beautiful! I agree with everyone else who mentioned that they are a type of dianthus, probably Sweet Williams -- one of my favorite flowers.

Anonymous said...

These grow in my garden in Canada from June to September - Sweet William. I love your photo - the white flower is very pretty.

shutter happy jenn said...

@Maria -- I am from the Philippines.

Norm said...

hi jenn! how I wish I can visit Baguio next year...what a beautiful flower, fresh from Baguio..love it!!!

antigoni said...

In Greece we call it "Wild carnation". Very nice photos. I bought some carnations yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I found out that Sweet Williams are very easy to grow, but only flower the second year. But then they flower for a long, long time. Beautiful shot.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of 'dianthus barbatus'. The name in Finnish is 'harjaneilikka'. :)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Nice shots. I've only seen these very small. I had no idea they could grow like that.

Reader Wil said...

Very nice and colourful picture! Thanks for your visit.

Rune Eide said...

It is the sight that counts, not the name-. I liked it!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: Lovely flowers with great color.

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers,Jenn! My first time to join with this Meme! I hope you can drop by! Mine is here. Happy TF!~

Anonymous said...

I know it but I can not name it.
So beautiful.

 gmirage said...

Pretty flowers with interesting formation...love the colors too! BAguio is paradise!

Unknown said...

It looks like Dianthus or Sweet Wiliam some people call it, very pretty.

Dick said...

I like these flowers, nice shot.

Anonymous said...

nice flowers

Marie said...

Wonderful photos, beautiful flowers :)

lucy said...

Very nice photos of some very beautiful flowers.

 
;