Friday, November 14, 2008

Pinkish / Lavender-ish



Lavender-ish

There was once a q&a thing that asked, "If the sky would be of one color, what would you like it to be?" I answered that since my favorite colors are pink and lavender, I would like the sky to be of that tone - either pinkish or lavender-ish, if there's a term like that.

Went I went to La Union last week of October, my Aunt wasn't home, so I decided to drop off my bags and roam around the town for pictures. After checking an Internet Cafe to update my blogs, I went to the plaza to check the happenings (and to eat street foods), and as I looked up the sky, I noticed that the sky had this pinkish lavender-ish color that I so wanted. Whenever I am on the road, I always have my digital camera with me, and I was happy to be at the right place at the right time to have this shot.

For the longest time that I have been in Sky Watch Friday, I have seen all sorts of sky colors - blue, black, orange, red, so on and so forth... and whenever I see a sky color other than the typical colors, it amazed me. Now, I can say I am amazed with my own photo, even if it's not really captured good enough.

*** Jenn ***


20 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful lavender-ish sky. I like that word.

Louise said...

Just beautiful!

Louise said...

I apologize for another comment.

I couldn't find a link back to teh SWF site. Maybe I missed it. But if not, please be so kind as to include a linkback with your post.

Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

hi Jenn! nice sky photo. Happy SWF!

bobbie said...

But it IS "captured good enough"! It's beautiful!

I had a very hard time getting into your comments. If you end up with fewer than usual, that may be the reason. I'm sure there will be many who may want to comment on this lovely picture.

Unknown said...

How pretty are those colors.

Photo Cache said...

You know what they say, ask and you shall receive your colors of the skies.

Wow LU, have very pretty old churches. Have you featured them on your blog yet?

I remember one in Agoo that I saw many years ago. It was so majestic.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

pink and lavender clouds,that's something new!
FM-SWF#2-Point Edward

Unknown said...

Love it! happy swf!

Mary said...

Oh so beautiful; love that color, too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely colors of the sky captured. A dreamy feel to it :)

nina at Nature Remains. said...

Glad you had your camera!

Nina at Nature Remains

Mckay K said...

Pretty shot. I love the colors too!!!

alicesg said...

Nice photo for SWF. Love the colour of the sky. Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Jen. I love the light in that puffy cloud.

Grammy said...

I love your photo it is amazing.
Happy SWF!

??? said...

Beautifully captured

Anonymous said...

What an amazing picture, so much to see, from the silhouettes of palm trees, lights and pylons to the GORGEOUS sky beyond - the sky is like a painting! I know what you mean about feeling you didn't capture it - when you look at the sky it is so beautiful that no photo can show what it was really like, or that is how it feels to me. But rest assured that this is a fantastic photo, one of my Skywatch favourites so far!

Judy said...

I would have said it was sky blue pink, but only because I like the name. Lavenderish is also a good word. I love the photo, no matter what colour it might be.

Anonymous said...

This one is beautiful too! Soft, restful colors. Glad you shared it.

 
;