Sunday, December 07, 2008

Quacker



Quacker

I took this picture April of this year, when my sister and I went to Greenbelt Park in Makati City before meeting my friend Rhodz in Makati Avenue. I initially took pictures of the chapel in the area when I noticed a boy chasing this duck, so I followed them so I could take some pictures, too!

This duck was a bit aloof, so I was so happy to be able to take this shot. I was happy seeing ducks in a park in the heart of an urban jungle - Makati City is considered the business district of Metro Manila, and here is where you'll see office buildings of different shapes and sizes. Seeing ducks and being in a park is a breathe of fresh air.

*** Jenn ***

ps - aside form the duck, can you spot another critter in this photo?

21 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Yes, I spotted the other critter - but only after you asked!!

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty duck.

I would have missed the other critter if you hadn't asked.

ShannonW said...

It looks warmer there than it is here today!

Happy Saturday!

Teena in Toronto said...

Great shot!

I played too :)

Daisy Cat said...

I love ducks - they always manage to make me smile.

kayleen said...

nice capture. thanks for sharing

bobbie said...

Yes, I see the other critter. But the duck is lovely.

Anonymous said...

There are so many interesting and fun views of animals and wildlife to experience. Thanks for sharing your world in Manila.

Unknown said...

I think I see two other critters. Isn't there a frog on both sides of the pond.

There is something about kids and ducks. They always chase them at our local duck pond too.

Unknown said...

Looks like a beautiful place and I love the duck!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful duck and yes I saw the frog!

Carletta said...

Lovely photo! It has great composition. Love the lush green.

Thanks for your visit.

Anonymous said...

Awww! I love ducks...the one in your photo is beautiful. The only ducks we have around here in abudance are mallards.

Is that a frog on the rock?

Grammy said...

Great photo. I Love white ducks and geese.
This is my first time on Camera critters.
Have a great week.
Grammy

Indrani said...

The other critter is perfectly camouflaged. Nice picture for a post card.

Gretchen said...

Nice catch. I would have missed the frog if you hadn't mentioned it. :)

storyteller said...

Wonderful flower photo in the next post and beautiful picture for Camera Critters too. I would have missed the 'less obvious one' if you hadn't asked. It's a BIG one isn't it!
Hugs and blessings,

Cathy said...

Lovely photo!

Misty DawnS said...

I saw the froggy immediately ;-) But, then again, you'd expect that from me, wouldn't you? hehe

I love this photo, by the way!

Julie said...

Love the shot and like the other I noticed the other critter after you mentioned it

Ice Pony Girl said...

Love the duck and the other critter!

 
;