Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Welcome!

Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog. This one is opened, to give credit to my new hobby - taking pictures. I am not that good with photography - I didn't study about it, I don't know the technical terms - I am just a Newbie Photographer who loves taking pictures of all sorts of stuffs. Flowers is my favorite subject, and I love macro photography. Through this blog, I hope I will be able to log my progress.

I don't classify myself as a photographer actually, for like I said, I didn't study about it. I am just a normal person who happens to love taking pictures. I don't own a digital camera, but I do own a cell phone with camera. It's what I use mainly for taking pictures. Sometimes, I get to use my brother's digital camera, but for this blog, I guess it's going to be a showcase of my partnership with my cell phone.

For my first entry, I am going to share to you the very first macro picture I took:


"Baby Mantis"
This picture was taken accidentally. Back then, I was thinking of a subject for this meme I wanted to join, and it was already Sunday and I still don't have a picture to post. After church, our neighbor approached us at the gate and started talking to us. He was talking to my sister and as I sat by the railing of the stairs, I happen to see this baby mantis in one of our plants. I checked whether I can do macro photography and after about four attempts, I got the shot that I wanted. It's a little blurred because I still don't know how to use the feature. For this one, I zoomed in twice before taking the shot. I think my cell phone's camera is not good with the zooming, hence the not-so-good quality.

This was taken October 2007, using Sony Ericsson K800i.

*** Jenn ***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how come i don't get to take great photos like that with my k800??

ahahaha

great shot jenn!

shutter happy jenn said...

thanks, vannie. this one's a bit blurred actually, ni-zoom ko kasi.

 
;