Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lobster Claws

My last post was last Tuesday, and my first post back from my vacation is Tuesday as well! =) Mom and I actually got home Saturday afternoon, but upon arrival, I got swamped with lots of things to do and we also attended my cousin's son's baptism (I was one of the godmothers) and the send-off party of Uncle Pete and his family that's why it was just now that I started blogging again. Actually, our PC caught virus making Internet browsing impossible until my dear great friend Stephen (he's the best!) suggested I use Mozilla Firefox. The virus is still there, but at least I could browse the Internet.


On to my Ruby Tuesday entry. I will submit another flower photo and for this week it's the Lobster Claws:



Lobster Claws

This picture was taken 27 May 2008 from the garden of my Aunt Julie. I am not sure if this plant is really called "Lobster Claws," but in this place, it is called like that because the flowers resembles that of a lobster's claws. I have a picture of this same flower the day I arrived in the place a week before, but I decided to use this one over the other because I loved the contrast between the black ants and the red flower.

Taken using Canon Powershot A580 - auto, macro, no flash.

Thanks for dropping by my post!

*** Jenn ***

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've captured those little ones very nicely on the flower :)
Happy Ruby Tuesday!!!

DrillerAA said...

Wonderful photo. Nature truly does provide some of the most beautiful colors.
Have a great Ruby Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

What an interesting plant. I'm starting to itch seeing those ants so clearly! Great photo...

RW said...

Great reds, good Ruby Tuesday to you!! :D

Askew To You said...

Cool plant! I've never seen one of those before. I like how you caught those ants on there - they are so clear.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

Raven said...

Cool shot, ants and all. Sorry about your PC troubles. Hope you had a wonderful vacation.

me ann my camera said...

That must be a spectacular plant, I've never seen anything like it. The ants are a great addition to the claws!

EG CameraGirl said...

Interesting shape and beautiful colour.

Gemma Wiseman said...

This is so incredibly real! i have never seen this plant before! Great shot!

Tink *~*~* said...

Did you use a special lens to capture the tiny ants? Nice shot! :D

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Ivanhoe said...

Never saw a flower like that before. Love those little ants running around. Have a great Tuesday!

Unknown said...

Absolutely fantastic! I love the contrast.

Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Ralph said...

The 'claws' look so real. I'm left to wonder: broiled or boiled?

This shot has the style and look as if an Impressionist just dabbed the colors on canvas.

Excellent picture!

Dianne said...

Wow you've been busy!! All happy moments though and that's great.

Your capture is so perfect that at first glance, before reading, I thought it was a balloon or yard decor.

the little ants are a nice touch of reality

Babs (Beetle) said...

Lovely macro photo. I l;ove the ants ;O)

Leora said...

Neat picture. Love the reds with ants. Happy Ruby Tuesday.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

hi jen,
thanks for visiting my site. Nice picture. The common name is actually Lobster Claw, although some people call it Parrot Beak. The scientific name is Heliconia.

Anonymous said...

We have that plant here in Hawaii, too. I think it's a type of Heliconia. Too bad about the ants, though. Ewww.

Happy Ruby Tuesday.

Bobbie

maryt/theteach said...

I'm not crazy about ants but the plant is a great red! :)

 
;