Saturday, November 01, 2008

Blue



Blue

Last week, I was able to attend the first day of the Surf Break festival in San Juan, La Union. The town was known for this good waves and is dubbed as the "Surfing Capital of the North," although the best surfing waves can be found in Siargao, located on the south part of the country.

This has been the third year that they've been doing this, and I was happy that I was able to attend this time around. There weren't much happenings on day time (except surfing, of course), so I only attended the first day and will just make sure I reserve a room for next year's festivals. Although our dad's hometown was the town after this, I'm still afraid to welcome night time on the road, as I am not really much familiar with the place.

Anyway, the festivities started with the releasing of balloons. There were three sets of balloons released, The red ones were released by the members of the La Union Surf Club, the white ones were released by the officials of the Department of Tourism, and these blue ones were released by the candidates for the pageant they were having.

*** Jenn ***


13 comments:

Forever Foster said...

This looks great! Thanks for sharing the story behind it, too:)

Anonymous said...

Nice blue sky and love the bubbles in it...HAppy weekend.

Anonymous said...

ops that's a balloons...

Anonymous said...

I love this shot! :D Pretty cool!

Mine are upHERE and HERE. If you get a chance ;) Happy Photo Hunting!

Jane of JaneZworld said...

i love blue on blue! Great shot!!

www.janezworld.com
Jane

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to that part of Luzon but I really wish we could go there too :)

Patsy said...

What fun. Blue balloons in a blue sky. Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I've seen this before but still like seeing it, blue balloon against blue sky, a perfect combination

JO said...

nice shot!
here's my BLUE sky. Enjoy your weekend!

dixymiss said...

I love this shot! Something about balloons is just so... uplifting! ;-)

Anonymous said...

PERFECT! for the theme blue. It can't get more perfect than this. Blue skies and blue balloons :)

Max-e said...

I love the contrasting blues

Anonymous said...

Wonderful take on the theme, Jenn.

 
;