Monday, October 03, 2011

Finger Chilis

Finger Chilis

This picture was taken last year as my entry for another meme, which required participants to take a picture of "unity." That time, we have a lot of these chilis because sister and I wanted to cook the Dinamita Wraps. I decided to get a bunch of chilis, tie it and photograph it.

I didn't use any background to take this picture; that time, I was still using my Canon Powershot A1000is, which allowed me to take great macro pictures with flash. To capture this, I simply set the exposure to -2, just to make everything dark, so when the flash fires, it will only illuminate the subject. Sadly, my new camera (Canon Powershot SX130is) can't take good macro pictures with flash, because its flash is located at the upper middle part of the camera, and the lens hinders the light to illuminate the subject. Whenever I try using my new camera, I'd always get this spot in the image - mainly because of the lens protruding.




0 comments:

 
;