Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Thunderbird Resorts

Thunderbird Resorts - Poro Point
Thunderbird Resorts - Poro Point

My share this week are pictures taken last March, when sister and I went to the Thunderbird Resorts in Poro Point (San Fernando, La Union). It gained popularity because of its Santorini (Greece) like features, but it gained more popularity when actor/host John Estrada married beauty queen Priscilla Mereilles, and when it was featured in the movie "No Other Woman," the highest grossing Filipino film of all time.

When sister and I went there, security was a bit strict because it was the day after John & Priscilla's wedding, and we were told there were still some VIPs at the resort. We were still allowed to get in, thank heavens. :)

Sister and I watched the sunset as we ate our own slice of cake. Olives Restaurant sells cakes for p150 each with unlimited coffee, and because I wasn't able to try it the last time I was there, I took this chance to try it.

It's a good thing that even if the resort is 5 star, they still allow outsiders like us to come in, although of course, we can't use some facilities - we can only eat the restaurant and go to the boardwalk. Still, entering is reason enough for us to go there over and over. I think every time we travel to La Union, we will try to visit the resort.




0 comments:

 
;