Friday, August 08, 2008

View From the Window


Gordon, Isabela

When I went on a road trip with my Aunt Julie and some of her former high school classmates, I was very happy that the driver of the van we used opted not to use the air conditioner. That meant, the windows are all open - giving me all the opportunity to capture images that I wanted to take from the window.

I have always been like that -- looking out on the window to check the view. I always think that we spend too much time on the road, so why not look out and be entertained by mother nature's beauty? Of course, whenever I have my camera, I see to it that I take snapshots, regardless whether it they would end up blurred or not. I just don't want to miss every opportunity to capture a wonder moment.

This picture was taken in Gordon, Isabela. It was my first time to pass by that road, and the wonderful green sceneries didn't really fail to wow me. I may not be able to set foot there (we did eat lunch in another town, though), but taking this image home gives me that sense of pride and fulfillment that "I was there." I used my Canon Powershot A580 digital camera (set to foliage, no flash) to capture this wonderful scenery.

*** Jenn ***

embraceLe Kultiszie Familie
Jenn Was Here Shutter Happenings

33 comments:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Ahhhh...

bobbie said...

It's a gorgeous view!

Jeanne said...

Thought I'd visit this one this week. Love the vista and scope of this shot. You have some wonderful experiences.

CaBaCuRl said...

Lovely picture, all looks very peaceful there.

Carver said...

That is a great landscape. It has it all, beautiful sky and beautiful mountains. I love to take pictures on the road when someone else is driving. I even try to take them when I'm driving at stoplights but it's not that safe so I'm trying to cut back.

Anonymous said...

What a great view

Babs (Beetle) said...

It certainly is wonderful scenery! Lovely photo too.

Kathie Brown said...

You did a good job! Looks like a lovely place to visit.

Leora said...

Wonderful. So lush.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot Jenn! Happy SW!

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Jenn; this is a fantastic picture with those verdant hills. I want to put on my hiking boots and wander around in those hills.) Thanks also for your comment on my SWF. (I was not sure my comment went through so I wrote it again.)

MaryAnn Ashley said...

Really serene... I can imagine hiking around & enjoying the fresh air.

Anonymous said...

I just replaced my Canon A560 with a DSLR. It is amazing how quickly I fell out of love with the Canon -- which I used to adore.

Still, they take nice shots, as you have proven.

Katney said...

I'm a woindow snapper, too. I am so disappointed when they don't come out, but I take so many that it doesn''t matter.

Maria Verivaki said...

wonderful view!

Anonymous said...

what fine weather! such a lovely shot; i take shots through the window a lot, too (good thing I don't do the driving). though the window is always close, lol. :D

thanks for the visit
happy weekend, Jenn!

Jules said...

I bet you felt like stopping the car and walking in them there hills!!!!

Angie said...

Wow! That certainly is a gorgeous view!

Rune Eide said...

Looks like a nice area.

Tom said...

Feel free to contact me about your post and why I have removed your link from Sky Watch

Tom.

Small City Scenes said...

I love a countryside scene. Nice pic. MB

Kahshe Cottager said...

I like taking photos from car windows to, much to the amusement of my husband! This is a lovely view and the foliage setting really enhances that lush green!

Anonymous said...

nice shot you have..Happy SWF!

Pernille said...

Wonderful shot:)

dlyn said...

Lovely shot! This is such a lovely and dramatic shot - the soft colors really draw you in! Happy SWF and hope you come and see mine here: dlyn

juliana said...

that's a beautiful view!

Craver Vii said...

Two Sky Watch photos? Bonus! Beautiful landscape here.

storyteller said...

I’ve seen views like this many times driving through the hills of coastal California. Just beautiful ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Berit T said...

Beautiful view!!

Markus Latva-aho said...

Hi! Nice sky watch photo, that penquin one was really fun!

Anonymous said...

Same here I'm a window/windshield shooter but inside the window not outside though..hehehe! when car is moving on the highway mostly.
Anyway that is beautiful view.
Thanks for the comment on my SWF!

Anne-Berit said...

Wonderful photo!

Anonymous said...

picgure perfect scenery. love the peacefulness of the place. is it isabela, negros occidental?

 
;