Saturday, January 10, 2009

Aftermath

photo hunt

Knocked Out

When I went to my dad's home province last May, a very strong typhoon came on the day I arrived. My dad's home town wasn't affected, but when my brother and I visited another town to visit the basilica and other landmarks, trees fallen down, leaves scattered all over were just some of the things we saw.

As we went to take pictures of "Eagle of the North," this house really shocked me. I am not sure if it's just so old or the typhoon brought it down, but for sure, the mango tree got knocked up! I am not really surprised because much bigger trees lie on the road brought down by the typhoon. It was just too bad I hesitated taking lots of pictures because I felt it was a bit insensitive to do that.

*** Jenn ***

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the wild weather of the Philippines. Sometimes I think England is dull when it comes to weather. It's just cold, fog and cloudy. I miss the typhoons, the strong winds, the beating rain and the thunder. Beautiful thunder.

Anonymous said...

This is what I think of when I think of aftermath. Great photo.


http://moderatesuburbanchick.blogspot.com/

Hootin Anni said...

Mother nature is always so destructive...

Mine's aftermath of after math. Come on over to see it if you have some time today.

Anonymous said...

my state here has been raining on and off for two weeks :S

i learned other states is flooding :(

haih! mother nature...

Anonymous said...

Living in Florida most of my life, I totally appreciate this aftermath!

Anonymous said...

Typhoons always leave an ugly aftermath. The only consolation is that nobody gets hurt.

Anonymous said...

That is harsh weather. Nice take for the theme. Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

wow.. that must be a very strong one.. hope the people who are living there are ok.

stan said...

not to sound morbid but I think typhoons and volcanoes are nature's way of renewing/ replenishing herself. It's just that humans got in the way by aggravating the effects via global warming or simply by staying in regoins prone to natural disasters.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I can see why you hesitated to take many pictures, but it's also good to have some, so others can know what has happened. This was a good photo. I hope those people were able to rebuild or repair in that and other areas with storms like those.

 
;