Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rest




The Rizal Boulevard in Dumaguete City is indeed a great place to relax and contemplate. Since it's a favorite spot of locals and tourists alike, there were also people who earns a living along the boulevard by selling foods.

My brother and I were waiting for our companions while they shop at the mall. He and I walked back to the boulevard where our service was parked, and while waiting, I spotted these two kids, probably siblings. They're selling some finger foods, and tired as they are, they stopped for a while to rest. The brother was actually dancing and it was a sweet scene to look at - kids still having fun even though they had to help their parents by working so early in their lives.

*** Jenn ***

14 comments:

Müge Tekil said...

Hello Jenn,

This is a very nice shot! On the other hand, there are lots of working kids also in my country.

Have a nice day,

ellen b said...

Oh so sweet! Such little guys to have these responsibilities...

Ralph said...

He looks great in red. I hope those on the bridge of the ship can spot these beautiful children...

Anonymous said...

Cool Ruby Tuesday shot!

Paz

dot said...

Really cute shot of the kids and a nice little story with it.

Dora said...

They're selling keropok?

That is the chicken said...

Great shot, I love the guy dancing. I hope he keeps that spirit as he gets older...a hard life but kids somehow manage to find enjoyment in small moments.

Ivon said...

Nice picture of a moment in time that will always bring back memories. Thanks for sharing.

Martha said...

What a sweet capture!
Mine is here

Linnea said...

Sweet kids and great shot. Love the red in it! Happy RT...

Patti said...

The children are adorable and I enjoyed your accompanying text.

Happy Ruby Tuesday ~

Dianne said...

sweet photo! their body language says so much

I wish children everywhere could just be children

Becky said...

That's nice shot and I always like to read stories that go with the photos.

My choice for Ruby Tuesday is posted here.

Nancy said...

This is a priceless picture. They are young and innocent but working very hard....

 
;