Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 16 - Us

Day 16 - TogetherJenn and Jess. Sisters. This is us.

joyoflovelogo125px

Day 16 - Us.

Our parents got married without asking any financial help from parents and relatives. Just a month after their wedding, mom got pregnant with brother, and a year and four months after brother was born, I came to the family. Having to adjust to a lot of changes in two years was a big thing to deal with that they resolved to let dad's older sister (+) to take care of brother while I stay with them. For a few years, I experienced how was it to be "the only child," until they took brother home and we moved in here in Caloocan City.

My sister came to us in 1988. Like what I have said in my previous posts, I didn't like her at first, but now I am so blessed to have her as a sister. We may be 8 years apart, but we certainly jive in many ways.

I work at home, so I don't have that much social interaction, and it was through her that I got to share different rants and raves I have. She listens with all ears, and though is she younger, I always listen to her opinions. For me, what she say has a value and I respect her opinions.

We are both foodies. While I am bigger than her physically, she tends to eat more than I do. We might have different preferences (I like my egg yolks thoroughly cooked, she likes it really soft), but we do love to eat out. When she was still working, we would spend her day off eating out. Now that she is currently unemployed we don't get to eat out that much, but there are still so many ways of celebrating the foodie in us - cooking dishes, reading culinary magazines, watching cooking shows.

These pictures were taken last night. I don't know if you notice it, but coincidentally, we wore a blouse with the same cut, both with a hint of blue. I guess my sister and I has the same wavelength that we sometimes tend to wear similar clothes at times.

*** Jenn ***

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great pictures and a great story. Thank you for sharing!

 
;