Monday, April 11, 2011

Joy of Luck - Day 07: My Rainbow

I wanted to take a fresh picture for this last prompt, but I couldn't find the time and the inspiration to do so, so I will use an old picture.




Day 07 - My Rainbow.

"At the end of the rainbow, you'll find a pot of gold...."

...so goes the first line of the song, "The End" by Earl Grant. When I was a kid, I used to wish I could see the end of the rainbow and find that pot of gold and I would buy lots of candies with it. Of course, as time went on, I realized it wasn't real, though I got to learn as I mature, that rainbows aren't necessarily those seven-colored stripes we see in the sky. Rainbows are something that gives us hope, that gives us a promise for a new day, kinda like when God showed a rainbow as His promise to never destroy the world by flood again.

Currently, I am having a lot of monsters in my head. Discussing the details would take up all the space, but even if I am not going to tell anything about the problems, these problems are slowly eating my mind. For the past few days I have been coping up with heartburn because (maybe) of slight indigestion (I am also involuntarily throwing up after eating for reasons I don't understand), and I always get a little crazy whenever I hear the phone call or when I hear motorcycles passing by. Last week has got to be the "worst," as I start and end my day with thoughts that I am not supposed to think about.

Last weekend gave me a little time to breathe... and though the problems are still there, I know I just have to lift all my worries up to the Lord, and trust Him that everything that is happening is something I can deal with.

As for my rainbows, well, I am pretty much a simple person, so I am praying to have a little piece of land I could cultivate. Just this morning, I discussed with sister the thought of me taking care of some livestock, but yes, as simple as this seem be, it's a big mountain to climb. Should I pursue my dreams of becoming a farmer Jenn may mean giving up the city life, and even if I am a country girl at heart, I am not sure if I can actually leave the idea of giving up certain things, including living away from my family.

I also pray to have a family of my own... I will be 31 next month, and I still am single. I sure hope Mr. Right is somewhere near, as I am waiting so long to finally meet him.

Lastly, I pray to have a good life. A good life that is not necessarily having all the riches of the world, but good in a way that I am happy and fulfilled with the simple joys God has showered me.

*** Jenn ***

ps - The Joy of Luck class has ended, and even if it took sooooo long for me to post all my take to the lessons, I am glad that I was able to get into my inner self and reflect about some things.

0 comments:

 
;