Thursday, May 19, 2011

Edit Me! | Week 01

When I went online this morning, I saw Ashley Sisk's take on this meme, and I did find it interesting, but I am still new with the post-processing world, so I was a bit hesitant to join, even if I want to. When my friend Nathalie joined, too, I realized, I shouldn't put on walls in front of me. Like what I said when I commented on her post, "All of us had to start somewhere," so here I am.. joining as well.

ashley plus 3

The original author of the meme provided the image to be edited, and as soon as I saw it, I knew editing this picture would be difficult because it was already a a beautiful image to begin with, and I don't know if my edit will give justice to the image.

Edit Me 01

Using GIMP, I came up with this edit. The steps:
  • Resized the image to 640x427 pixels, with resolution of 300.
  • Gave it a pass of Cooling - Wratten 82 set to 50%, to make the coconut greener and the sky a bit bluer.
  • Burn, set to shadow range at 30%
  • Added the "Old Paper" texture set to normal at 50%.
  • Another pass of the burn filter, still set to shadow range, but with the opacity of 50%.
  • To highlight the brown tone of the texture, I also gave it a pass of Brauer's Warm filter set to 25%.
  • Finally, added my name stamp using the Jane Austen font.

I am not sure if my edit was good enough, but I hope it is. :)

*** Jenn ***



0 comments:

 
;