Monday, March 21, 2011

Joy of Luck - Day 2: Green

My posts for the Joy of Luck classes are a little delayed because my Internet connection is not so good this weekend and it was becoming a bit of a burden to me, but I am still okay - there are things I cannot control, so I will just let it pass. :)

Joy of Luck - Day 2 Joy of Luck - Day 2 Joy of Luck - Day 2

Joy of Luck - Day 2


Day 2 is about "green," and I decided to take pictures of my rosary. Many years ago, parents came home after hearing mass at a different parish, and my dad was very excited to show me their new rosaries (mom and dad had one each), something they bought from the visiting nuns. Dad was happy about it because profits gathered from selling the rosaries will be used for charitable causes. The rosaries for sale was of different colors and each was labeled according to the colors of birthstones. I expressed how cute the rosaries were, so dad told me that if the nuns will still be there come next Sunday, he'd buy us a rosary each, too.

Luckily, the nuns were there, and dad gave me this rosary. I was born in May, so my birthstone is Emerald. Green isn't one of my favorite colors, but I was happy to receive this - which pretty much was my first rosary. Well, I am loving my rosary because it was very distinct - my siblings' rosaries had a hint of blue (so is mom's), and there is no way we could accidentally exchange each others' rosaries. :)

I am not as religious as my late father was - I don't put a rosary in my pocket and I don't place it under my pillow when I sleep... but being a Catholic, I do know the importance of the rosary, which is why I am taking utmost care of this one. I would see to it that I would place it in my jewelry box after using it, so I won't misplace it. This rosary is one of the few tangible gifts my dad gave me, so I am really cherishing this one.

*** Jenn ***

0 comments:

 
;