Thursday, May 26, 2011

Edit Me! | Week 02

Welcome to the second week of Edit Me! The image was posted last night (my time), but it was just this morning that I was able to work on the edit.

Edit Me | SOOC

The SOOC shot was provided by Misty of "Through a Photographer's Eyes." She is also this week's guest judge.

For this image, I was able to do two edits:

Edit Me | Week 2

As soon as I saw the image, I thought it was like a painting. It also looked a bit vintage-y, so with that I came up with this steps:
  • Applied the Vintage Effect action.
  • A pass of the Brauer's Warm script set to 25%.
  • Applied the Canvas Texture set to multiply at 75%.
  • Applied Kim Klassen's Yesteryear texture set to overlay at 50%.

I was actually quite happy with this one, but I thought the canvas texture was quite too strong. I actually was already writing this post when I decided to play with the image again and I came out with this:

Edit Me | Week 2

This one, I guess is more on the vintage side. This was a very drastic edit because I edited out the houses behind. With this one, I wanted to concentrate more on the wagon. Since it was at the center of the image, I decided to take out the houses to make the image more balanced, since it had more space under.

Steps I made:
  • Using the clone tool, I edited out the houses and the itty bitty details - like the electric posts, and the brown things on the lower left side of the image.
  • Applied the Vintage Effect action.
  • A pass of Brauer's Warm script set to 25%.
  • Applied Kim Klassen's Yesteryear texture set to Multiply at 100%.
  • Applied Kim Klassen's Sweettart texture set to Soft Light at 75%, just to give it a pinkish tone, since most vintage effect pictures tend to look a bit pinkish.
  • Unsharp mask set to 0.75.
  • Burn set to Shadow with range of 10.0 and opacity of 100%.

As always, both images were edited using GIMP. I do hope me taking out the houses was okay, I was a bit hesitant in doing that, but I still went with it.

*** Jenn ***



0 comments:

 
;