Friday, July 01, 2011

Fabulous Friday | Ampalaya Flower

Flower

One of the favorite pictures I took this week, was this one, which I took two days ago. That afternoon, my siblings were busy checking the roof because the heavy rain fall last week caused some water to enter our house through the ceiling. They were able to fix what was wrong (blame the "back door" neighbors for dumping quite a lot of sand and small stones due to a house renovation), and when sister came back inside the house, she told me that one of my ampalaya (bitter gourd) plants now has a flower. I went to check it and there was this one flower, but because the vine already crawled to the chicken wire fence, I thought I'd just come near and take my camera real close to the flower, but as I used the fence as my leverage, the flower fell. Boo hoo.

It was a good thing I already photographed the flower still intact to the vine a few seconds earlier - I used my camera's zoom, but as I went down to go back inside the house, I noticed the flower fell quite graciously on one of the potted plants. If I wasn't able to get a picture of the flower real close while it was still attached to the vine, might as well take a picture of it like this - afterall, it didn't fall graciously for nothing. :)

*** Jenn ***



0 comments:

 
;