Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Paper Heart Photo | Magellan's Cross

I just changed the header of my "other photo blog," and was about to call it a night when I read Nathalie's entry for this meme, and since it doesn't have any specific theme, I decided to hop in and join the fun.

Magellan's Cross

My share this week is something I took some two years ago. This is the Magellan's Cross, which can be found in Cebu City (to read more about this, please check this post). So.. why did I decide to share this old picture? Well, not that I don't have any new pictures to share, but since Danielle's post was about "motivation," I thought this was a very fitting photo.

Just a few days ago, I was starting to worry that I might not be able to come with mom next month for a few days of vacation in Cebu City and Bohol, because the ticket that one of her friends can't be transferred to another passenger. My mom sort of regretted not telling us about their plans of going on a vacation, and since she already encouraged me to join them (so they can have a photographer and to help feed my travel blog as well), she asked me to check if there will be airline seat sales so I can buy discounted air tickets. Anyway, last Thursday, prices of air fare suddenly dropped, but I couldn't book any flight online because I don't own a credit card. A blessing came when my uncle volunteered to book the flights for me, and now I am excited to fly again.

Am I motivated? Yes I am. I checked past pictures I took from my last travel to Cebu and Bohol and I realized that my pictures back then weren't as good as the pictures I am taking now (thank you God for the growth), and I am motivated to re-take the pictures and capture more images that I wasn't able to do back then. I am motivated to see more of Cebu and Bohol, I am motivated to just aim my camera and shoot away, and I am very much motivated to enjoy life and enjoy the blessings coming my way.

I am now actually taking notes about different places and different scenes I want to take pictures of, but most importantly, I am way too excited to spend a week with my mom exploring places and eating regional food.

*** Jenn ***



0 comments:

 
;